Please note this event has changed this year to the later time of 5pm-9pm.
The rain save date is Sunday 10th December at the earlier time of 11am with Parade at 2pm
1. The organisers are not liable for any damage or loss to a stall property, personal property or entrant/person at any time.
2. Once your application has been accepted you will be advised by email at which time you will be required to secure your site with a minimum $20.00 per site, non-refundable deposit, due by 23rd November 2023. If this is not paid your site will not be held for you and you may be turned away.
Please make payments to Waiuku Business and Development Association, BNZ account: 02-0476-0167965-00 or send your cheque to them at 2 Queen St Waiuku 2123.
When making online payments, please ensure you state your business or name as a reference otherwise we will presume this is unpaid.
The outstanding stall fee will be collected on the day. If a GST Receipt is required it will be mailed to stallholder after the event unless otherwise requested. All stall fees are used to pay for traffic management, road closure costs and other market costs.
3. The Waiuku Business Association reserves the right to refuse stalls which do not fit with this event and to place stalls in locations that work for the event and all parties participating including local Businesses open for the event. Food vendors using environmentally friendly packaging will be given priority.
4. Market stalls will be located in Bowen Street. You will be advised via email before the event of your site location, specific set up time and access instructions. Access will be between 3pm and 4pm, but you must stick to the allocated time you are given. Anyone attempting to enter Bowen St before their allocated time will be asked to leave and return at the correct time. A marshal wearing a high visibility jacket will direct you to your designated site.
5. This is a Zero waste event supported by Auckland Council and we are obligated to keep waste to a minimum. All vendor's food and other packaging and utensils must be fully compostable to be able to attend this event. Recyclable drink cans & bottles are fine. The use of paper bags rather than single use plastic bags is required. Information on acceptable packaging is provided to all vendors prior to the event. If you will be using different packaging to the options provided please advise us immediately so we can ensure it will comply. Stall holder packaging will be checked for compliance on site. We appreciate your co-operation with Auckland Council’s waste minimisation plan.
6. All food vendors must hold a current food trade license and comply with Auckland Council food safety regulations, as provided by event organisers to all food vendors, prior to the event. Licenses and compliance will be checked on site.
7. All vehicles operating within the market area must have their hazard lights on at all times and limit speed to 5km/ph
Stall holders will have parking facilities near their stall site. To assist with congestion please unload quickly and then park.
All stall holders must be unloaded and parked in designated area according to stall map provided/ marshal's instruction by 4.30pm.
8. Stallholders are required to have adequate ropes and weights to secure gazebos/tents to keep structure safe for all weather conditions.
Any gas bottles or generators taken onsite must be certified, safe and comply with Auckland Council regulations, as supplied to registered stall holders prior to the event.
Gas bottles are to be placed at least 1.5 meters away from an ignition source, electrical equipment, plugs, naked flame and generators.
If using a powered site (these are limited) , safety RCD devices must be used and all power cords /connections are to be kept safe from the public and safety covers to cover any power leads on the ground.
Power connections, gas bottles and generators will be checked for compliance on site.
9. All stalls must be set up ready for trading by 5.00pm. Trading must cease by 9pm.
Stalls will need to pack down and have vacated the street by 10pm so the road can be re-opened.
Please note you cannot leave the event area until after 9pm and only when permitted by a marshal/traffic controller. All parties must adhere to this for health and safety reasons.
10. Please leave your space in the same condition it was found, and be mindful to take all your rubbish and food waste away with you. DO NOT add stall rubbish to the event bins or town rubbish bins. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions may result in your being excluded from future WB&DA events.
We appreciate your co-operation and thank you for taking part in this event.