QR - Code Must Be Displayed
For more information on QR-Codes please follow the link below
There has been some confusion surrounding the boundary given that Waiuku is on the boarder with Auckland and the Waikato. For more information on this please see the following link. If you live in the Waiuku area but on the Waikato side of the boundary, let common sense guide you.
Cash and other COVID-19 support for small businesses
Wage subsidies. Low-interest loans. Tax refunds. Payments for people suddenly unemployed due to COVID-19. Support dealing with creditors or commercial landlords.
Find which you can get with this handy round-up of government support for businesses, including sole traders and self-employed people.
Click HERE to find out more
The wage subsidy extension is available to employers for 8 weeks, so you can keep paying your employees. Applications are open between 10 June 2020 and 1 September 2020.
Use the wage subsidy eligibility tool to find out if it’s a good fit for your situation.
COVID-19: Wage subsidy extension and leave support
The COVID-19 leave support scheme provides a payment to businesses to pay their workers who can’t work. This means your employees can’t come into work due to COVID-19 public health guidance, and can’t work from home.
Click HERE for more information
The small business cash flow loan scheme will provide assistance of up to $100,000 to businesses employing 50 or fewer full-time employees.
Details of the loans include:
- $10,000 to be provided to eligible businesses
- an additional $1800 per equivalent full-time employee
- interest-free if the loan is paid back within a year
- an interest rate of 3% for a maximum term of five years
- repayments not required for the first two years.
Applications have been extended until and including 31 December 2020. Use the small business cash flow loan scheme eligibility tool and find out how to apply.
Income relief payment support is available for people who lose their jobs. If you lose your job (including if you are self-employed) from 1 March 2020 to 30 October 2020 due to COVID-19, you may be able to receive the COVID-19 Income Relief Payment.
Find out if you’re eligible and how to apply at Work and Income.
COVID-19 Income relief payment (external link) — Work and Income
Let people know you are operating with Waiuku Online
Since we were at level 3 last time we have seen an outpouring of support for local businesses. Our community want to shop locally and use local services so let them know you are still operating, and how they can access your services by posting on Waiuku Online. Waiuku Online is the WB&DA's Facebook Group aimed at connecting local consumers with local businesses, instantly and without the waffle or negativity that other groups and grapevines incur.
- ACC -www.acc.co.nz
- Business.govt.nz - www.business.govt.nz
- Business Mentors - www.businessmentors.org.nz
- Businessnz.org.nz - www.businessnz.org.nz
- COVID-19 updates- www.covid19.govt.nz
- Employment nz - www.employment.govt.nz
- Google My Business - business.google.com
- IRD - www.ird.govt.nz/business-and-organisations
- Next steps in COVID-19 response- www.beehive.govt.nz
- Retail.org.nz - www.retail.org.nz
- Work and Income - www.workandincome.govt.nz
- Xero - www.xero.com/nz